Monday, December 12, 2016

It's starting to look like Christmas!

Hello to all,

I haven't posted since Halloween! I think I will try and post more in the New Year 2017. I wouldn't hold me to that. I don't think the cross stitch community is into blogging as much as they once were. I think most have moved onto being in groups on Facebook or Instagram. I like both of those and yet I still feel a need to post on a blog from time to time. Instagram is okay and I like the use of posting one picture and saying a little something about it. I also like the fact that you can find many others who love cross stitch. The only thing I don't like is you can't post multiple pictures of something you finished. I guess you could put a collage of pictures together using a program and then posting it. What fun is that?

However Blogging is still my number one choice since that is really how I started posting about my cross stitching. I'm starting to get back to blogging and I'm into my cross stitch again after what seemed to have gone missing for at least a year.

The other thing I started enjoy doing is learning to knit. I'm liking that and it's nice to take a break from cross stitch and do some knitting.

So if you have read this far I guess you would like to see what I've been stitching on these past few months.

First up in 2013 I had stitched up Plum Street Samplers freebie SAL called Mary's Sampler. I decided to finish it into a cube using a tutorial by Vonna from The Twisted Stitcher. This was my first attempt at making this cube. It was very easy and I was surprised at how fast it came together.




I love it! This was a Christmas gift for my Aunt and I gave it to her early so she can display it in her home early. She loves it!!!

The next item I want to share is a pattern by Joy of the Needle(no longer online) titled Wise Men. This one I wanted to finish into a Mounted Flat Fold. I used 32 count white linen, Victorian Motto Shoppe Hand Dyed Floss and Gold Mill Hill Beads. I decided to put this into a Mounted Flatfold. I used a Video Tutorial by Vonna "The Twisted Stitcher" on Youtube. This was another fun project. It takes time to do but so worth it when your finished.



This was a gift for my Aunt's best friend Jack. He has it displayed in his front foyer for all to see.

I wanted to do another flatfold for my Aunt. I started a pattern by Little House Needleworks Joy to the World pattern. I used 32 count fabric and DMC floss. I started this two weeks ago. I finished it December 9, 2016.


I used Vonna's  Mounted Flatfold Video Tutorial again. If you have never tried Vonna's tutorials before you should give them a try. You won't be disappointed. Vonna has many to choose from!

What am I stitching on now? On October 12, 2016 I had started a pattern by Cherrywood Design Studios(no longer online) Gift pattern. I stitched on it here and there but was busy with the other 3 stitching projects. Yesterday I sat down and stitched on it some more and hoping to get it finished this week. I'm itching to start a new project for myself!




Sorry the fabric looks washed out. The color fabric is the one above. Thanks for stopping by. I hope everyone has a wonderful week. If you want to follow me on instagram my name is crossingonestitch. You can also use the widget on my sidebar.

Hugs in stitches,
Carolyn




4 comments:

  1. Hey girl! Glad to see you posting again. I'd have to agree with you that most people have moved to FB and other social media platforms. I still like blogging the best, too. It's much more personal.

    YOU have been a finishing fool, lol. Everything looks great! Kudos to you. :)

    Hope you have a Merry Christmas. Here's to blogging more in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Vonna's tutorials. I just recommended them on my blog this week also. Your mounted flatboards are beautiful. I have yet to try the cube so I am glad you said that it was easy. I would rather read a blog and see multiple pictures. I hope you keep blogging about your cross-stitch and your knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are such lovely projects. You finished them beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know I see you on Instagram, but still to nice to see you in the blogging world too!
    Happy Stitchy New Year!

    ReplyDelete